We have shared their story and explained ours. But what about yours? How might your interests connect with those of BUILD? The Church is one body, north and south, which “grows and builds itself up in love as each part does its work.” It is a great encouragement to be involved with the growing church of the global South and to partner with it. Here are some ways to respond.
1. Get in touch
One of the secrets of BUILD’s success has been minimal external input. The lion’s share of the resources used come from churches on the ground. But targeted support helps the work to grow.
Some of the financial needs have described under ‘our story’. There are costs attached to any capacity building efforts, but the difference with BUILD is the way in which small inputs make a tangible difference.
Please consider supporting BUILD and developing a living partnership around that. Here are some ways to give:
- Give regularly by downloading, completing and sending our standing order form. Alternatively, you can simply use the bank details on that form to set up a standing order yourself (if you are a UK tax payer please download, complete and send our Gift Aid form to increase the value of your giving).
- Give online using our Give.net page. You can make a monthly donation tax-effectively or give a one-off amount. Please note, there are small fees associated with Give.net if you do not have a Stewardship account.
- Make a bank transfer by using the bank details on our standing order form. If you are a UK tax payer please download, complete and send our Gift Aid form to increase the value of your giving.
- Send a cheque payable to ‘BUILD Partners’ to The Trustees, 10 The Firs, Bath, BA2 5ED. If you are a UK tax payer please download, complete and send our Gift Aid form to increase the value of your giving.
- Use Stewardship if you have an account. Visit Stewardship to learn more. BUILD Partners is registered with them (account number 20168065).
You might want to go and see some of the work BUILD is doing and join in with some of the training if you are a church leader. Part of the beauty of the BUILD system is that you can slot in with what local groups are doing and use units in the curriculum or the themes that are being followed, so that your efforts fit in with theirs.
Given how much emphasis BUILD places on preaching and teaching it is important to land this site well. We have thought about three interconnected stories: their story, our story and your story. But what ultimately connects these is God’s own story.
BUILD Module Two has the title, Genesis and the Pentateuch: Knowing God’s Story and Leading by Faith. It trains local church leaders to trust that while history seems messy and hard to interpret, God’s own story, the Bible’s story, lies behind it and continues to unfold day-by-day. The work of BUILD is a tiny effort, but we believe it is part of something far bigger, which gives us faith to keep building.